10.04.2008

EXTRA! EXTRA!


Listen up people cause Mama's got an announcement to make...

I have accepted a job at the Register Star newspaper! I will be the new reporter there, covering the Hudson beat. I know! That means I'll be a full timer!I just couldn't pass up the chance for this kind of adventure.

Here are the deets: I'll be coming back to NYC most weekends. Joe will stay in NYC full time - at least through November when The Apprentice season billion and one wraps. At that point, he will come up and join me, but we will probably keep a studio apartment way uptown as our working class pied a terre. I need to have somewhere to stay when I do comedy stuff, or need NYC friend time and Joe needs to able to take production jobs here until he sees what his  earning potential is upstate. 

Anyway - the job at the paper will involve meeting all of the members of local government (all of the members of local everything really) which was a big part of the appeal. The rest of the staff seems really cool too. My Hudson friends had plenty of critical things to say about the Register Star. But  most involved their history of printing typos. One guy suggested I , "Ask my editor about PUBIC SCHOOL FUNDING." It's a daily paper (I've never had to deal with deadlines like that) and they are running on a total skeleton crew, so you know, shidt happens. But here's hoping I can shake things up a bit and bring a fresh perspective to the table without making everyone think I'm a total condescending citiot. 

I start on the 14th ( have a comedy thing on the 13th) so the next week will be super hectic. I'm trying to get the drywall finishing done on the kitchen and dining room (by myself ahem.... any volunteers?). I don't want to be the  weird dusty girl at work every day. Kwis?

All for now - but many many more Hudson house updates  to come. they will be sporadic no more!


7 comments:

iloveupstate.com said...

Congrats!!!

modernemama said...

How cool and what does the blue plaque outside the Register-Star commemorate?

rh said...

Congrats on the new job! And welcome my world of the reverse weekender with city husband. Too bad you're so far, you could be my country wife.

PS: What's this comedy thing? I should be on your email list for gigs!

hallie said...

Thanks ladies - I can't remember what the plaque says but I think it was a jail. hopefully it won't still feel like one:)

Eleanor said...

Hallie, you can do anything!

Green Fairy said...

Congratulations!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations!