9.17.2009

I'm a Big Fat Winner

About a million years ago, pre-shidt hitting the fan, I won an exciting indoor/outdoor Koko rug from a contest on ILoveUpstate. As part of the deal, I pledged to post a picture of the rug once it arrived.
But then all kindsa hell broke loose and I sort of forgot.
I sort of suck.
So here it is, in all it's glory:

Yep, Bernie the anti-nature dog uses it to get just a teensie bit more comfortable outdoors.
Poor little dude. He was brought up in Brooklyn and has only recently become willing to pee anywhere in the yard. I had to take him to a hydrant down the block for about a year.
Thank God our yard has so many weird cement patches, or he'd totally freak out.
However, cement wasn't quite indoorsy enough for the Bernster who seems to really appreciate the rug.
Thanks Koko! Thanks I Love Upstate!

Bernie Bernstein says thanks!

5 comments:

Renovation Therapy said...

Aww, you didn't have to post a pic...but you know I love me some hot Bernie action.

Jenni said...

That is so funny that your city dog really doesn't like the grass.
Bernie makes me smile. Everytime.

hallie said...

I hope you guys don't think it's too douchy of us to use the cute rug for Bernie. It's just sort of too small to put anywhere and he "called it" right away.
:)

Anonymous said...

Hallie,
It sounds like you've been doing great research.
The AARP Bulletin, June 2009, Ask the Experts column says that hospitals that receive federal funding are required to provide care to a percentage of their patients without health insurance coverage. http://bulletin.aarp.org/yourhealth/policy/articles/ask_the_experts_hospital_charity_care.html

You may already know this. Couldn't post it on FOJM because of no ID. Good luck! Barbara H.

hallie said...

Anonymous - the scary thing about your comment is that the rest of the hospitals don't have to provide any care. They can refuse to treat anyone without insurance.