2.10.2008

Other Stuff

This is the two car garage that is covered in antique bead board (even the ceiling) which I would love to repurpose...

The floors we discovered under linoleum in the closets....
Huge backyard....
Huge back yard with (admittedly) a few bizzaro items in it....
SO here's the thing. We told our agent - listen, do not even bother to show us houses UNLESS they come with a virgin Mary statue in the backyard. And if she could be sheltered from the elements with a cast iron bathtub that would be even better. And if that bathtub could be buried at least 4 feet underground and have cement poured into it, guarantying that it shall never-ever be moved that would be totally awesome. And Rob was all, "I'll see what I can do."
Here is our favorite mantle. I feel sad for it to have been forced to share quarters with such creepy wall and flooring materials for all these years.

Note the 3 D Jesus picture that was here the first time we saw the place. Such a selling point! I recommend it to all brokers.

5 comments:

iloveupstate.com said...

DUDE....this looks exactly like my house when I first bought it. Did your place have puppy-piss-green shag carpeting too!?!?!

This brings back memories of getting to a days end of working and just sitting on the floor and crying "I can't TOUCH one more nasty dirty fibery thing". Good times. Good times.

Jen said...

The Virgin Mary bathtub grotto! Is is grotto? That doesn't sound quite right? That is so funny. Actually I read a book about that, called The Mermaid Chair, I think they turned it into a tv movie, also. Oh! your house was clean compaired to ours, check out our "Day 1" pictures. Eugh!

Sandy & Michael said...

You are too funny :) And thanks for the comment on our blog.

I love your house, it looks amazing even through all of the "interesting" design choices :)

Good luck with everything!

sandy

Green Fairy said...

Love the Bathtub Virgin! I'm from Chicago, and once you leave the city you find them EVERYWHERE. I'm trying to convince the fiance we need one, too, but so far no luck! LOL

WC said...

This may or may not be original, but where I grew up (Lon Gisland), we would call your garden virgin a "Mary on a Half Shell." I'd actually call this "Mary on a Shell and a Half..."