3.17.2008

How Not To Make The Neigbors Love You

We knew that Chester had demo'd a ceiling for us while we were busy working in Brooklyn. But we didn't realize how much garbage that would generate, or that he and his dudes would drag it into the backyard and leave it there. Anyway - it was pretty major as you can see. This is the view from the back window.
ps: people have asked if that white building in the distance is a neighbor's house - nope that's the two car garage. It has a great hayloft upstairs too. But anyway - behold the garbage that we have to deal with asap.

Hey, since we are back here anyway let's take a look at our awesomely functional gutter system.


Then I went around to the side of the house and realized there was more crap that had been tossed into the side yard. Thank God that house is for sale so there's no one over there glaring out from between the curtains calling us the garbage neighbors.

3 comments:

iloveupstate.com said...

Your upstate...you've got 6-8 weeks before people start bitching.

That comment about the gutter made me laugh out loud...so loud...that I scared the cat.

Hallie&Joe said...

I know - man oh man am I counting on that 6 to 8 week window! We (ok HE) moved all bags to the garage for now. We have like three tons of crap that needs to find its way to the dump. We'll do it - we just have other things (like walls) we'd rather spend money on this week.

ps: please for the love of God - stop scaring that poor cat!

Tanja said...

I just stumbled on your blog and love it! The best investment I've made so far (besides a killer shop vac) was the demolition dumpster. I don't know how much it costs in upstate, but in Maine its only $25/week rental and it costs about $500 to empty and bring back. I equate all my spending to beer, so I figure its about 1.5 pints a week to keep it.