3.17.2008

Where I've Been Lately

I haven't been posting much due to a combo of factors.
a. We only go to Hudson on the weekends

b. We realized belatedly that we cannot bring Bernie up there until the place is stabilized. It's one big pile of lead paint chips and asbestos fibers just waiting to be gobbled up by him. When you combine boarding Bernie with getting the cat lady to come over twice a day (I have a diabetic cat) you are talking the price of a (albeit cheap) hotel. So we've been gong up one day at a time - no sleep overs. Chip chip chipping away. Not my first choice for how to do things but we have so little money right now we just have to roll with it. It is exhausting - but progress is being made.

c. I went to Memphis for my Grandmother's (Meemaw's) 90th birthday the weekend of the 9th so I missed any proj-ing that weekend. Here's a picture of me with the Meems. See! I'm not just a lazy blogger - I was away!

5 comments:

iloveupstate.com said...

Our kitty has crf so she gets injections every other day. Move to Queens...I can send the Fiance over to do the injections...but I def. can't get him to go to Queens.

iloveupstate.com said...

to go to Brooklyn.

crap, my brain is fried

Green Fairy said...

I sympathize with you on the back-n-forth travel. We closed beginning of December, but didn't move in until two weeks ago. So much to do beforehand! Our dog still can't go in the basement with us, where we're setting up our offices, because of the biohazards.

iloveupstate.com said...

By the way...Granny is way cute in her powder blue suit!

Hallie&Joe said...

I swear ILU, you may sell me on Queens yet. You definitely make it look/sound dreamy.

It's good to hear that other people are as worried about their animals as I am (every once in awhile I stop in the middle of my living room and wonder... have I become the cat lady??)

ps: My Granny is 90 and only takes ONE ASPIRIN A DAY. She's also a good driver. Gives a gal hope.