4.05.2008

My favorite House In Catskill

I'm too tired to go anywhere this weekend and have about 6 articles to do anyway - so Joe went up to Hudson to work on the house without me. In the meantime, I thought I'd try to sell everyone on Catskill NY. It's right across the bridge from Hudson and about a million times cheaper. The architecture is out of control. There are some really great ones right on the water that I daydream about every time I drive over the bridge. So beautiful!
Anyway this one looks so creepy and haunted, yet stunning at the same time. I want it! Who cares if neighbor kids throw rocks at me and call me a witch? How would that be any different from now?
Anyway - reclaimed home did a great post recently about property available in Catskill. Check it out. There are some unbelievable places for sale up there. Have a good weekend everyone!



7 comments:

Vincent Seeley said...

Hello there! I am the Mayor (Village President) over in Catskill. I saw your posting about promoting Catskill and just wanted to say THANK YOU! We are on fire over here with progress and the energy of the people coming in is great. Feel free to look me up when you are in town and I'll give you the grand tour. Lots going on right now and would love to share. Thanks again, Vinny Seeley
www.welcometocatskill.com
518-755-5784
vseeley@verizon.net

iloveupstate.com said...

Athens and Coxsackie have lots of those old houses with the widows walks too.

By the way...I moved my blog to wordpress and am adding a link over to you.

Here's the new url:

http://renovationtherapy.wordpress.com/

Hallie&Joe said...

Add to the list of
STUFF THAT RULES ABOUT UPSTATE
#25 - compliment a town and the mayor of said town might leave a comment on your bog. Who knew? Thanks for making my day Vinny!

Green Fairy said...

Wow...you have the mayor rolling out the red carpet. Very cool. And I soooo would love to live in that house. It's the kind I aspire to for my little-old-lady years.

Jenni said...

You Rang?

Love that house. Totally Adam's Family.

And very cool that the Mayor left a comment.

Jenni said...

And he left his phone number on the internet....

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!