7.31.2008

Dad Labor - The Final Installment

I probably didn't mention that my Dad went home with a nasty case of full body poison ivy. But yeah, my Dad went home with a nasty case of poison ivy. One of the other things he did for me while here was clear the crap out of my yard. Here's a fascinating picture of the side of a dirty garage. You don't give a rat's ass? Well what if I told you that there used to be weeds (probably 85% poison ivy now that I reflect upon it) the size of a box hedge that came about two feet up the side of said garage? Oh you still don't give a toss? Oh Ok.

So anyway - Dad cleared all of it. 

The underneath of this tree was piled with three years of sticks. Gone! Thanks Dad. 

The lawn is cut and the weeds are wacked. This part was a Joe/Dad collaboration. It's really starting to look nice back there. 


So Dad really wanted to try stripping the fireplace mantle, just in case there was something cool under there. I tried to get him to buy a green stripper - but his actual words to the Lowes salesman were "I'd like the toxic chemicals please." Argggggggg. Anyway - after he stripped it for awhile this beauty emerged. All we could say was REALLY? 

Yep - they really did paint the whole thing pepto pink. It's even gnarlier when you realize that the kitchen ceiling was also this color as were the living room walls... as was all the... wait for it...


window trim - which we stripped a tad just to see what was under there. 

So yeah - we're going to ditch the mantle and just give all that trim a fresh coat of white. And that concludes the Dad trip. Thanks Dad xoxo.I needed to get this last installment posted because I have pics of the fireplace project which I started last weekend. So stay tuned!

5 comments:

iloveupstate.com said...

Poor Dad! Poisen Ivy is such a pain in the...

iloveupstate.com said...

Tag Sale's by Mona has a bitching sale tomorrow out on Long Island, if you're around and want to go - let me know.

Jenni said...

Oh my goodness....Pepto Pink........Our whole house was pepto. The same pepto pink.... Walls, celings, trim, the brick on the fireplace....ALL Pink........

Dads are GREAT !!!

iloveupstate.com said...

OK, Mona's tag sale sucked the big one.

But I hid another gazelle for you.

Christine said...

Amazing what a little backyard clean-up work with do...can't wait to see the fireplace update!